Field Service Supervisor - FTTP - Cambridge
- £40K / Year
Field Service Supervisor - Fibre Project
Reporting to the FTTP/Metro Field Service Manager, this role will be responsible for monitoring the onsite delivery for the fibre connectivity element of a FTTP/Metro network deployment project within a City. The Field Services Supervisor will ensure that site operations are carried out on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines and regulations.
* Ensure and monitor effective site operations and coordination of works compliant to NRSWA and Health & Safety requirements.
* Ensure all work on site is carried out to adequate standards as stated in contractual specification by conducting site audits.
* Maintain productivity objectives as set by the Field Services Manager.
* Co-ordinate, capture and present the financial sign off for the completed works by the Sub Contractor to the Field Services Manager.
* Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones. Highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the Field Services Manager.
* Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project.
* Ensure all customer documentation is completed and checked in accordance with client requirements.
* Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies on behalf of the client coordinate works where required to fulfil the project delivery milestones.
* Ensure all site-specific method statements/risk assessments are in place
* Public liaison duties required
* Deputising for the Field Services Manager at Customer & Supplier meetings
Knowledge & Experience
* Utilities Supervisory Experience
* NRSWA / Highways Experience
* Intermediate in MS Office (Outlook, Excel & Word)
* OSP Fibre network installation - Splicing, Blown & Traditional Cable techniques
* Fibre Optic testing - PMD/CD, OTDR & ILM
* Scheduling of Multiple FTTP connections & Teams
* Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
* Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments.
* Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
* Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA)
* Experience of using ICC form of contract and knowledge of NEC3 ECC form of contract
* Proven ability to identify and action "add on" sale opportunities.
* Experience of CRM systems - Salesforce.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and are looking for a new, exciting position please apply or call me on 0203 328 7700.